Microsoft has launched a new cumulative update KB4532695 for Windows 10 that fixes some of the bugs that were introduced with the November 2019 Update. Specifically, the new Windows KB update fixes issues with File Explorer search that has made it unusable since the November update 1909. With that update, Microsft tired to integrate Windows Search into File Explorer.
This update fixes a problem that has been persisting for almost four months, which many users have been expecting to arrive with the first set of Patch Tuesday updates for the year 2020. Another noticeable fix will thrill gamers since it fixes an issue that caused multiplayer PC games to drop the invitation to play the game in multiplayer mode.
As Tom’s Hardware spotted, the KB4532695 patch, which has just been released for Windows 10 November 2019 Update and May 2019 Update fixes these search-related gremlins. Builds increase to version 18362.628 and 18363.628, respectively.
Updates for Windows 10 version 1903
These are the key changes that come with KB4532695 :
- Improves accuracy of Windows Hello face authentication
- Fixes an unnamed Windows Mixed Reality issue.
- Fixes an unmentioned issue with download notifications.
- Fixes an issue that caused the order of tiles in the Start Menu to change while the layout was set to locked or partially locked.
- Fixes a search issue that caused a grey box to appear when running searches in the Control Panel or in File Explorer.
- Fixes a memory leak in ctfmon.exe.
- Fixes a keyboard reliability issue in Windows Mixed Reality home.
- Fixes an issue that prevented the Language Bar from appearing under certain circumstances.
- Fixes a touch keyboard issue that caused it to close when any key is pressed.
- Fixes an Indirect Display driver signing issue.
- Fixes an issue with running unsigned programs when Windows Defender Application Control is in audit mode.
- Fixes an issue that caused the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to stop working.
- Fixes an issue that caused an error when unplugging USB type C hub flash drives.
- Fixes an Always-On Virtual Private Network issue that would not remove Name Resolution Policy Table rules after disconnection.
- Fixes a Print Management console issue that caused it to display script errors.
- Fixes a Windows firewall issue that dropped network traffic from Modern apps such as Microsoft Edge when connecting to corporate networks using a VPN.
- Fixes an issue that displayed incorrect indicators for online and offline files.
- Fixes a ntdsutil.exe issue that prevented the moving of Active Directory database files.
- Fixes a netdom.exe trust issue.
- Fixes a compatibility status evaluation issue.
- Fixes a potential memory leak in the Application Virtualization Streaming Driver.
- Fixes a log corruption issue.
- Fixes a code refactoring issue that increased Logical Volume Integrity Descriptors (LVID).
Updates for Windows 10 version 1909
The update for Windows 10 version 1909 includes all the changes and fixes of the update for Windows 10 version 1903 plus the following ones:
- Fixes an issue that prevented users from using the right mouse button to paste Clipboard content into the search bar of File Explorer.
- Fixes an issue that prevented the search bar of File Explorer from accepting user input.
Microsoft has been adding other features to Windows recently. It added a new PowerLauncher PowerToy for Windows 10. PowerLauncher is meant to replace keyboard commands like Win+R or Win+S. The new feature allows users to search for and launch apps instantly.