WhatsApp dark mode has been the most anticipated feature for many users. Looks like the wait is finally over. WhatsApp’s dark mode is finally available on the Beta channel. WhatsApp has started to rollout the dark mode on Android and the APK version is bumped up to 2.20.13. After so many leaks, we already know how the Dark Theme is gonna look but we were waiting for its official availability.
Also Read: Best Android Games (January 2020)
WhatsApp Dark Mode: How To Enable It?
One more thing to notice is that this update isn’t out on iOS but Android only right now. To try out the new feature, you need to update WhatsApp to version 2.20.13. The Dark Mode is called Dark Theme here and can be enabled easily. All you need to do is follow the steps below to enable it.
1. Download and Update to WhatsApp Beta from the link below. Open WhatsApp.
2. Open WhatsApp Settings.
3. Tap on Chats.
4. Click on Theme.
5. Choose Dark and hit OK.
The theme option has three different options just like other apps that support dark mode. These options are named — Set by Battery Saver, Light, and Dark. Although, we were expecting a shade of black. Instead, we get a combination of Aztec and Ebony Clay colors. Here are some screenshots so you can take look.
WhatsApp Dark Mode: Changelog
Here’s what’s new in the new WhatsApp APK.
- New privacy settings allow you to control who can add you to groups. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups to get started.
- Added Call Waiting support so you can choose to accept an incoming WhatsApp call while you’re already on another call.
- You can now require a fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. Tap Settings > Account > Privacy > Fingerprint lock and enable Unlock with fingerprint.
- Fixed an issue that caused a fast battery drain on some devices.
Although the changelog doesn’t mention the addition of Dark mode anywhere. There is an option to enable it on the app as we mentioned above.