In these few last years from a telecom company in China, Oppo went all the way to becoming one of the highest 5 best smartphone brands within the world. Initially, Oppo launched smartphones as ‘Camera Phones’ that caught a lot’s eyes. But Oppo devices providing excellent all-rounder performance, which is excellent! Oppo’s custom OS is named the ColorOS, whose customized version got used in the Realme mobiles as RealmeUI.
Oppo introduced Android 10, aka Android 10 based ColorOS 7 last year. A few months later, the company rolled out the ColorOS 7 to its smartphones in India. Oppo R15 started receiving the ColorOS 7 update recently, based on Android 10.
Oppo R15 Receives ColorOS 7 (Android 10) Update
The company recently published a tweet telling about the extended update rollout plan for July. According to this roadmap, the OPPO R15 will receive the ColorOS 7 update starting from July 10th, while its Pro edition got scheduled to get the same update from July 28th. Two more devices from Oppo, the OPPO F15, and the OPPO A91 will also get their ColorOS updates later this month.
The software version for the Android 10 update will be CPH1819EX_11.F.12. The Users must be on either of the following software versions to receive the latest update: CPH1819EX_11.C.13 or CPH1819EX_11.C.14.
The first day of July comes with the update plan of #ColorOS7 + #Android10 Official Version for this month. Check out when your models will start receiving the update and the corresponding version numbers.
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) July 1, 2020
The official and stable version of the ColorOS 7 got rolled out on the OPPO Find X, the Oppo Find X SuperVooc Edition, the Oppo Find X Automobili Lamborghini Edition, the Oppo Reno 10X Zoom, the Oppo Reno 2, the Oppo Reno 2Z, the Oppo Reno 2F, the Oppo Reno, the Oppo R17, the Oppo R17 Pro, the Oppo F11 Pro, the Oppo F11, the Oppo F11 Pro Marvel’s Avengers Limited Edition, the Oppo K3, and the Oppo A9.
Oppo R15 ColorOS 7 Update: Changelog
Here is the complete changelog of the ColorOS 7 update :
• Brand new borderless design makes the graphics more attractive and the operation more efficient.
• OPPO Sans added as a standard font. The new font conveys a refreshing feeling and fits well with OPPO’s efforts to combine beauty and technology.
• Optimized user interfaces and improved one-hand operation.
• Drag an app from the Smart Sidebar to open it in a Split Screen mode.
• Two settings have been added: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball in the full-screen app.
• The floating window function for other apps has been optimized.
• A bubble was added: When opened, a bubble is displayed by an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse it and open the app.
• Optimized 3-finger screenshot: Touch and hold the screen with 3 fingers and slide your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Touch and hold the screen with 3 fingers and slide your fingers out to take a long screenshot.
• Screenshot settings added: You can adjust the position of the floating window of the screenshot preview and adjust the screenshot sound.
• Optimized floating window for screenshot preview: after taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to release it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot to record.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe in from both sides of the screen and hold the button. Switch to the previous app.
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape format.
• Dark mode added: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Focus mode added: Protects you from external distractions when you study or work.
• All new loading animations added.
• The user interface for the quick settings has been optimized for easier one-hand operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• A floating window and screen capture settings have been added.
• Added new sounds for deleting files, touching the calculator key and compass pointer.
• Optimized system pre-installed ringtones
• Pending TalkBack accessibility prompts have been added.
• Added color access mode to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for current tasks: You can lock storage information for current tasks and view apps. [Games]
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized start animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Art + static background images added.
• Customize whether Open Global Search or the notification bar when you swipe down on the home screen.
• Adjust the size, shape and style of the app icons on the home screen.
• Swipe up on the lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• O. Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Supported live wallpapers on the lock screen.
• More types of screen-off clocks.
• A simple home screen mode with larger ones has been added to fonts and symbols as well as a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In the quick settings or in the intelligent sidebar you can open the calculator in a floating
• The trim function in recordings has been added.
• The weather ringtone (dynamic) has been added, which automatically adjusts to the current weather.
• Weather adaptive animations in weather added.
• Optimizes the camera user interface for better user experience.
• The timer user interface and the sound have been optimized.
• The album user interface has been optimized to enable a clear hierarchy and a quick search for photos.
• Added album recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share Now supports file sharing with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• The user interface for contacts has been optimized for more efficient user experience.
• Search settings now support fuzzy matches and include search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• DocVault has been added, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (only available for phones sold in India).
Also, make sure that your device is up to date. Pay attention to the version name of the Android 10 update too.
If you have an Oppo R15, let us know what you think of this update. Our comment box is open for any further suggestions as well.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow TechBaked on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and join our Telegram Channel for daily tech news in your inbox.