India Bans 54 Chinese applications available on the Google Play Store in India as the Government passes an order to restrict them due to data security threats. The government has taken these measures as they have found these applications linked with China that might pose a threat for the nation. The list of banned applications includes a few most popular games and tools developed by big Chinese companies.
Previously, the government has banned a lot of Chinese applications in the same way for security issues in May 2020. The count of the banned Chinese applications since the first ban has increased to 300+ after the border issues between both countries. Google has temporarily blocked access to these applications after the Government’s order on the ban.
54 Chinese Applications Banned in India
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has banned these applications under section 69A of the IT Act, 2000 in India. As per the law, Section 69A will provide access for the Indian government to ban any service that differs from the “sovereignty and integrity” of India. The government has stated that these applications pose a threat to the country due to the data that these applications collect with the permission of Indian smartphone users.
The government has revealed that these 54 newly banned applications have collected sensitive data from smartphone users in India by misusing the permissions obtained. Furthermore, these applications have carried out Espionage and Surveillance activities. As per the government’s statement, these applications have conducted malicious activities by accessing the camera, mic, and GPS signals.
These applications as per the reports; collect sensitive real-time data from the users and transfer them to their servers located in China. Although, the Govt. Of India has banned many applications last year, they have given comeback in India by rebranding themselves. One such application from the lot includes the PUBG game that made a comeback as BGMI.
The latest banned list includes some of the most popular applications in the country such as Free Fire from Tencent, beauty apps like the Sweet Selfie HD, Beauty Camera, and other tools applications such as Viva Video Editor, AppLock, and Dual Space Lite.
Full List of Banned 54 Applications in India
- APUS Security HD (Pad Version)
- Barcode Scanner – QR Code Scan
- Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera
- Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD
- CamCard for SalesForce Ent
- Conquer Online
- Conquer Online – MMORPG Game
- CuteU Pro
- CuteU: Match With The World
- Dual Space – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space – 64Bit Support
- Dual Space Lite – Multiple Accounts & Clone App
- Dual Space Pro – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space Pro – Multiple Accounts & App Cloner
- DualSpace Lite – 32Bit Support
- Equalizer – Bass Booster & Volume EQ & Virtualizer
- Equalizer & Bass Booster – Music Volume EQ
- Equalizer Pro – Volume Booster & Bass Booster
- EVE Echoes
- Extraordinary Ones
- FancyU – Video Chat & Meetup
- FancyU pro – Instant Meetup through Video chat!
- FunChat Meet People Around You
- Garena Free Fire – Illuminate
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite
- Lica Cam – selfie camera app
- Live Weather & Radar – Alerts
- MoonChat: Enjoy Video Chats
- MP3 Cutter – Ringtone Maker & Audio Cutter
- Music Player – Equalizer & MP3
- Music Player – MP3 Player
- Music Player – Music, MP3 Player
- Music Plus – MP3 Player
- Nice video baidu
- Notes – Color Notepad, Notebook
- Onmyoji Arena
- Onmyoji Chess
- Parallel Space Lite 32 Support
- RealU Lite -video to live!
- RealU: Go Live, Make Friends
- Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade
- SmallWorld-Enjoy groupchat and video chat
- Stick Fight: The Game Mobile
- Tencent Xriver
- Twilight Pioneers
- UU Game Booster-network solution for high ping
- Video Player Media All Format
- Viva Video Editor – Snack Video Maker with Music
- Voice Recorder & Voice Changer
- Volume Booster – Loud Speaker & Sound Booster
- Wink: Connect Now