Are you bored of your current wallpaper? Do you want to set something fun and cool as your wallpaper for Windows 10? Well, then look no more, you have come to the right place. Today we will show you how to set live wallpapers on Windows 10 along with links for some popular live wallpapers.
What are Live Wallpapers?
Live Wallpapers are animated backgrounds that keep changing the way your wallpaper looks to keep you from getting bored by looking at the same photo day in and day out.
Due to the constantly changing and animated background, Live Wallpapers may produce a noticeable drain on your battery, however this won’t be a problem if you are setting a live wallpaper on your desktop.
With early versions of windows, setting Animated Wallpapers was easy, however with Windows 10 you will have to use third-party software to apply Animate Wallpapers.
Ways to Set Animated Live Wallpapers on Windows 10
1. Wallpaper Engine ($5)
Unlike previous Windows versions, customization options on Windows 10 have been reduced. Except for a couple of themes and backgrounds there’s not much you do to with your Windows 10 PC to make it truly your own.
The only options you have left are third-party software which let your personally customize your Windows 10 PC. Well, Wallpaper Engine is just that, available for about $5 on steam it lets you customize your Windows 10 PC to a completely different level.
You can create your own Animated Wallpapers or select from a set of in-built Live Wallpapers for your desktop. You can also import Wallpapers you like from other Steam users. It supports MP4, WebM, AVI, M4V, MOV, and WMV File Formats, your Animated Background can be made from websites, static images and also video files.
To create a Video Wallpaper on Wallpaper Engine, follow the given steps:
- Download Wallpaper Engine from the link given below.
- Right-Click on the tray icon of Wallpaper Engine and select “Create Wallpaper.“
- Now, click on “New Video Wallpaper.”
- Give your Wallpaper a name and import your video file.
- Change the settings of the Video as you like, for example, the Aspect Ratio, etc.
- Click on Apply Wallpaper and Voila! You now have an Animated Wallpaper on your Windows PC
The app works best if your PC has a dedicated GPU, however it can also be configured to work on devices without one. Available for only $5, Wallpaper Engine is one of the best third-party apps if you want to apply Live Wallpapers to your Windows 10 PC.
2. Desktop Live Wallpaper + (Free)
Second on our list is Desktop Live Wallpaper +, a free app that allows you to set GIFs, Images and Videos as your Wallpaper on Windows. The app is available on the Microsoft Store so you don’t have to download it from the net.
Desktop Live Wallpaper + supports upto 3 monitors and doesn’t hog up your CPU too much. Do note that the free version only supports Windows Media Viewer or WMV files, however you can convert your MP4 FIles to WMV Files easily using any MP4 to WMV File converter on the internet.
Desktop Live Wallpaper + also gives you online resources in the “Help & About” Section for hundreds of free Video Files to use as your Wallpaper on Windows.
To set a video wallpaper on Desktop Live Wallpaper +, follow the instructions below:
- Download Desktop Live Wallpaper+ from the link given below.
- Click on “Add Photos/Videos“.
- Click on “Pick From PC“.
- Select the Video/GIF/Image you want as your wallpaper (You can choose multiple Images/GIFs/Videos).
- Click on “Apply Changes“.
After applying your background you can change the duration of each photo, add transitions, change audio sound settings, and more in the Settings Tab.
If you want to remove the Video/GIF/Image as your wallpaper, follow the instructions given below:
- Open System Tray.
- Right-Click on the Desktop Live Wallpaper+ icon.
- Click on Exit.
Desktop Live Wallpaper + is a great app for anyone looking to add Videos or GIFs to your Wallpaper for free. The UI is simple and clean and the software works on relatively out-dated hardware.
3. Plastuer ($5)
Plastuer is mainly used for Applying GIFs as Animated Wallpapers on Windows. The UI is Clean and the app is simple to use, you can have any GIF on your PC as a wallpaper in less than 2 minutes.
Plastuer is built on Chromium: the open source browser due to which it has support for advanced technologies like WebGL and Canvas.
To set a GIF as your wallpaper on Plastuer, follow the instructions below:
- Download Plastuer from the link given below
- Open Plastuer on your PC
- Enter the GIF URL in the “Enter Valid URL” field
- or, you can choose a GIF on your PC by clicking on the “Select File” option
- Click on “Save”
- You will be prompted to choose your display
- Click on “Save” again to apply the GIF as your wallpaper
Plastuer also has features such as pausing animations when playing games, it supports GIFs, Videos, DreamScenes, Images and also WebPages. For only 5$, Plastuer is a great app for applying Animated Wallpaper given that it supports many File Formats and has Advanced Features like pausing animations while playing games.
4. Push Video Wallpaper ($9.99)
Fourth on the list is Push Video Wallpaper, an app that cost $10 with a free trial. Push Video Wallpaper allows you to set YouTube Videos as your Wallpaper with nothing but a link to the video you want.
The app also offers features such as playlists, playing a video on a loop, and many more. Within the app, you can shuffle your playlist or change video durations, you also get to control the sound in the Video you are using.
To use set an Animated Wallpaper using Push Video Wallpaper, follow the instructions below:
- Download and install Push Video Wallpaper from the link given below.
- Launch the app and click on the playlist icon.
- Type the name for your playlist when prompted.
- Select the playlist from the drop-down menu.
- To add a GIF, click on the plus icon on the bottom-right of the screen.
- Select the GIF you wish to add from your Device.
- To add a YouTube video click on the add URL icon.
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video you wish to add.
- Click on “Add to Playlist.”
And Voila! That is all it takes to add a YouTube Video/GIF as a Wallpaper using Push Video Wallpaper. Push Video Wallpaper is a great app if you want to use a YouTube Video as a Live Wallpaper on your Windows PC.
What is the Best App for setting a Live Wallpaper on Windows?
That ends our list of the best Apps for setting Live Wallpaper on Windows. You should decide on which app to download based on your needs. For Example: Do you want a free app? or Do you want to add YouTube Videos as Wallpaper or do you want apps that will go easy on your PC? If you want to recommend other great apps we have missed, you can tell us about them in the comments below.
You might also want to read these: