Have you faced difficulties while switching between your multiple Google Accounts? There are some easy ways to change default Google Account on your browsers with a few simple clicks. You may encounter some situations where you need to switch to accounts for checking those important emails or schedules on the calendar. But, you don’t want to have your secondary account meddle around while you change default Google account.
Using the right Google account can become confusing if you aren’t logged into the one you work with more often. In these types of situations, you can change default Google account on your Chrome browser for a more efficient experience while switching the accounts. Changing your Default Google account helps you to prioritize the work. You can switch back and forth between the tasks as well as the accounts for bringing efficiency to your work.
This method even helps you to handle the work you focus more on with a default google account. The below-mentioned steps help you to cut the chase while switching accounts knowing how to change default Google Account. This makes the process of pursuing your tasks while working quickly and easily while not interfering a lot with your different Google accounts. Let’s check those ways on how to change default Google account on your browser.
How to Change Default Google account
You can easily set a particular account of yours as a default account on your browser. You don’t have to go deep down into your mail settings or such to select a default account. The simple rule for setting a default Google account is initially signing in with the account you want to keep as a default account. This is because Google recognizes the first signed-in account on the browser as the default account.
The method we are gonna go through should take only a few minutes as it’s pretty simple. Although, it’s simple to execute, just double-check yourself if you have followed the steps correctly in the right way. Because, if you set it precisely in your first attempt. You don’t need to waste your time on changing your default Google account again and again. Besides, you can blindly use this method if you want to change default Google account occasionally.
Steps for Changing the Default Google Account
- Sign out from all the Google accounts that you have logged in to on your browser.
- Now, remove all the accounts and log in with the Google account that you want to as a Default account.
- After, logging in you can see your Profile Picture on the upper right section if opened shows you all the logged-in accounts.
- As you click on your Profile Picture in the upper-right corner, you can see only one account, and now it will be your default account.
- You can cross-check by opening a new tab and access the calendar or drive application.
Using Multiple Accounts Along with Default Google Account
In these contemporary times, we as users tend to use multiple Google accounts for Work and Personal purposes. You have changed the default google account you wanted to have on your browser. Now, you need to sign in with the other accounts that you have signed into before to use them simultaneously without disturbing your default account. This way you can change default google account and as well as use other google accounts on your browser.
Although, the apps you access such as Drive and Calenders will be signed into the default account. This feature is pretty handy for getting confused between the multiple accounts you log in with your browser. There are other features such as using a guest profile or adding a new profile on the browser. This can help you to work on multiple different accounts on the same browser. So, after changing your default Google account, let’s log in with your other accounts on the browser for using multiple accounts.
Steps for using Multiple Google Accounts on browser
- Select the Profile icon on the upper right to switching to other Google Accounts.
- Click on Add another account below to sign with a different account apart from the default account.
- After selecting the Add another account, it pops up a new tab where you need to click on use another account and continue with the process.
- Sign in and there you go, you can use multiple Google accounts in one browser.
- Although, only the default account opens up on any Google apps such as Drive or Calender
- To avoid that switch to a different profile on your browser by selecting Guest or Add Profile.
- Now, you can totally use the default as well as other accounts simultaneously on your browser
Change Default Google Account and use Multiple Accounts
These were some of the easy ways to change default Google account on your browser. Although, the changes you made with your accounts on one particular device get saved. Even though you close the browser after your usage, the browser automatically opens up the same account. Switching your accounts on the browser is hassle-free now, as Google can recognize your Default account from the rest of the accounts on your browser.
There’s a catch here, the changes you made with your account are limited to only one device with the Google account. If you need the same setup on all your other devices, you need to follow the same process for changing the default google account. In this way, you can change default google account, diversify your multiple accounts and use them simultaneously without any impediment with process of your work. If you have faced any issues or found an even easier method let us know in the comments.
Feel free to comment your opinion on this post and let us know if you want us to cover any other topics of your choice.
READ MORE LIKE THESE: